Your private information is important to us and we want to make sure we have the right member before allowing access. If you are using a different device or internet browser to access ORBIT, you will be asked to do a device registration. We will send you a security code to the email address or mobile phone number that we have on file for you.
Personal Email Address
If you currently use a personal email address to access ORBIT, no action is required.
If you are using a work email address to access ORBIT, it is important that you change it to your personal email address as soon as possible.
The Retirement Systems Division requires a personal email address so that you are able to receive important notifications, including security verifications, password and username changes, account edits or updates, and other information.
Using your work email can cause the following issues or delays:
- If you retire or leave employment, you will not have access to retirement notifications.
- If your place of work changes their email address, (.com to a .org or .net), you will not be able to receive notifications.
- If your place of work has strong firewalls or doesn’t have the Retirement Systems Division listed on their safe list, you will not receive notifications.
- If you try to change your email address but do not remember your username or password, you will not receive your security clearance information unless you have access to your email address on record.
If you find that you no longer have access to the email address used to login to your ORBIT account and need to make a change, but cannot make the change through the current security measures in place, an Affidavit of Identity will be required and is attached for your convenience. The Affidavit of Identity can be emailed to email@example.com with AOI in the subject line. Upon receipt, a Counselor will review, approve and change your email to the address you provide.
Getting Started with Text Message Authentication
We are offering enhanced authentication by text message for those members who have a mobile number in their account. It’s easy to add your mobile number to your profile. Simply log into ORBIT, click on the Maintain Personal Information tab and update your profile.
What you need to consider:
- You will need a mobile phone number in your profile that accepts SMS text messages (some VOIP phones are not SMS text compatible).
- Text messaging rates may apply If you do not have a high volume or unlimited text plan.
- You will need your personal email address on file. If you do not have your mobile phone, we can send the security code to your email address on file.