In ORBIT, eligible retirees can
Understand how ORBIT connects to your health coverage and how to manage your account during open enrollment.
To view your health coverage and access eBenefits through ORBIT:
- Log in to your ORBIT account
- Click State Health Plan eBenefits in the left navigation
- Agree to the terms and conditions
- You will be redirected to SHPNC.org where you can become familiar with the coverage offered to retirees in the state of North Carolina
- Click eBenefits in the top navigation of the SHP website
During Open Enrollment, you can enroll in the State Health Plan, switch between plans and add or remove dependents without a qualifying event. Please remember that when adding dependents to a benefit plan, you will be asked to provide documentation of dependent eligibility under the State Health Plan.
To enroll or make changes to your State Health Plan benefits, members use the eBenefits system.
Outside of Open Enrollment, members can make changes due to a qualifying life event. A list of qualifying life events can be located in the applicable Benefits Booklet.