MARS provides active members (with complete and accurate data) an estimate of their potential monthly retirement benefit based on service accrual and retirement contributions as of December 31 of the prior year.
To access MARS, log in to your secure ORBIT account and click View My Annual Retirement Statement in the left navigation.
This statement provides members with a tool for obtaining the most accurate data and information about their potential retirement benefits.
More specifically, each eligible member will be able to view:
- Personal information like address, phone, email.
- Retirement Systems in which the member has been or is a member.
- Principal beneficiaries.
- Estimated potential retirement benefit from the North Carolina Retirement Systems.
- Links to the NC Supplemental Plans (NC 401(k) and NC 457 Plans) so members can enroll, increase savings and/or view statements for the plans in which they are a participant.
- Link to mySocialSecurity so members can create an account and receive a real-time estimate from the Social Security Administration based on their work history and contributions.