Updating Personal Information

Name and/or Address Change in Refunds Online

If you indicate a name or address change in Refunds Online, you will need to provide verification documents proving your legal name change and/or change of address. These documents can be uploaded during the application process.

Change of Name 
If you change your legal name from what we have on file for you, you will be required to provide a copy of government-issued proof of legal name. Acceptable forms of identification are:

  • Driver's license
  • Passport
  • Military ID
  • State-issued ID

Change of Address 
The address on the application should be your mailing address. This is where payments to you and any rollover institution will be sent. We will also use this address when sending year-end tax documents.

If you have moved and need to update your mailing address, you will provide this information during the application process.  

We require two verification documents:

  • a completed and notarized Form 5COA and
  • one of the following in your name at your new address:
    • Driver’s License (preferred)
    • Government-issued ID
    • Utility Bill – such as gas, electric, water, telephone
    • Mortgage statement
    • Vehicle Registration
    • Tax bill for real estate
    • Residency Affidavit